At Lake Pine Animal Hospital, you and your pet’s health are our #1 Priority.
Due to the very rapidly changing novel coronavirus and related disease (COVID-19), LPAH is taking additional precautionary measures within our clinic to keep our staff, doctors, technicians, animals, clients and visitors safe, while continuing to provide essential patient care.
We understand that a lot of our clients are turning to online retailers like 1-800-PetMeds and Chewy.com to fill their pet’s prescriptions and stock up on food and supplements while we’re all sheltering-in-place, but we wanted to remind you that Lake Pine Animal Hospital’s online pharmacy carries everything those online retailers do, with the invaluable assurance that our products are always handled properly, come to you with all guarantees intact, and are shipped free to your door.
COVID-19 Policy Updates
- We are now taking any appointment type, including elective procedures.
- We are allowing grooming Monday through Friday as space permits.
- We will be continuing curbside service procedures for the foreseeable future. Drop off appointments are permitted at this time.
- If you have recently traveled or had any exposure to symptomatic/confirmed COVID-19 positive people or are symptomatic/confirmed COVID-19 positive yourself, please do not visit our hospital. If your pet is having a medical emergency, please call ahead and let our staff know so we can make special accommodations.
- At this time, only hospital personnel will be allowed inside all areas of the hospital. When you arrive at our hospital, please remain in your vehicle and check-in using your phone.
- We ask clients to stay in their vehicle upon arrival and call the clinic at 919-380-1157. The doctor and technician will come out to take a medical history. We ask that the owners stay in their vehicles during the pets’ exam.
- After the doctor evaluates your animal, you will either receive a phone call or the doctor will come to your vehicle to discuss recommendations and a plan moving forward.
- Shortly thereafter you will receive a phone call from a customer service representative to obtain payment via credit card, care credit, check, or cash.
- Please call ahead and prepay by phone for all prescription refills or food orders. When you have arrived for pickup, please call us and a technician will bring the prescriptions or food to you.
Following CDC protocols, our facilities and maintenance teams are helping us with increased and thorough cleaning protocols throughout the hospital.
- We’re making sure our employees can stay home if they’re not feeling well. If an employee has come into contact with anyone who has had exposure to someone with COVID-19 we will observe the recommended 14-day self-isolation period before engaging with customers or colleagues.
- We encourage everyone to practice good hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
- Currently, our hospital is a “no-handshake” zones, so please do not be alarmed if your doctor does not greet you with a handshake at your visit.
- We are also not currently accepting personal belongings (blankets, toys, etc) for pets that will be staying in-hospital.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the hospital.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.