COVID-19 Updates: Cold Curbside Care
December 16, 2020
At Lake Pine Animal Hospital, our priority is making sure you, your pets, and our staff stay healthy and safe. For the past several months, we have been utilizing curbside and drop-off care procedures to minimize exposure to the virus. While this worked well in the warmer months, now that it has turned colder, we want to offer an option that will keep you and our staff out of the bad weather—and allow you to be “virtually present” for your pet’s appointment in the hospital.
We are now offering virtual appointments with our doctors using the Pet Pro Connect video conferencing app. After your pet is taken inside the hospital for the appointment, you’ll be able to be connected to the doctor while he or she is with your pet, so you can interact and ask questions directly, instead of getting your information curbside at an open vehicle window from a team member. We encourage you to download the app today at the link above!
Prescription Medications and Food Orders
We understand that during this time a lot of our clients are turning to online retailers like 1-800-PetMeds and Chewy.com to fill their pet’s prescriptions and stock up on food and supplements. But we wanted to remind you that Lake Pine Animal Hospital’s online pharmacy carries everything those online retailers do! Prices are competitive, delivery is FREE on most orders and you can rest assured the product was handled properly and all guarantees are intact.
For purchases for our hospital stock, we ask that you please call ahead and prepay by phone for all prescription refills or food orders. When you have arrived for pickup, please call us and a technician will bring the prescriptions or food to your vehicle.
COVID-19 Procedure Reminders
- We are now taking any appointment type, including elective procedures.
- We are allowing grooming Monday through Friday as space permits.
- If you have recently traveled or had any exposure to symptomatic/confirmed COVID-19 positive people or are symptomatic/confirmed COVID-19 positive yourself, please do not visit our hospital. If your pet is having a medical emergency, please call ahead and let our staff know so we can make special accommodations.
- At this time, only hospital personnel will be allowed inside all areas of the hospital. When you arrive at our hospital, please remain in your vehicle and check-in by phone at (919) 380-1157.
- Once you have checked in, we will come out, take your pet’s medical history. We ask that you please stay in their vehicles during the pets’ exam and consider using the Pet Pro Connect app for videoconferencing with your pet’s veterinarian during the appointment. Otherwise, the doctor or technician will come out to your car and discuss findings and treatment plans with you at your vehicle after the appointment.
- Payment will be taken by phone with one of our customer service representatives, who will call you after the appointment.
Enhanced Cleaning Procedures
- Following CDC protocols, our facilities and maintenance teams are helping us with increased and thorough cleaning protocols throughout the hospital.
- We’re making sure our employees can stay home if they’re not feeling well. If an employee has come into contact with anyone who has had exposure to someone with COVID-19 we will observe the recommended 14-day self-isolation period.
- We encourage everyone to practice good hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
- We are also not currently accepting personal belongings (blankets, toys, etc.) for pets that will be staying in-hospital.
- We clean AND disinfect all frequently touched surfaces within the hospital daily.
Thank you so much for your patience and understanding!